NZHF Cannabis Cup Judges Hub.
[ Downloads ]
Welcome to NZ Harvest Festivals cannabis cup judging hub. On this page you will find links to download any files you might need. from judging score cards to entrant and cup info sheets.
We will also post up any relevant cup news, including previews of entries to come, and include a form for any questions yous have regarding the judging, some questions will be shared with the whole group so all may learn.
28 August 2018
Kia Ora Judges!
Due to popular demand, we have added another category to the competition. "Autoflowers". So what does this change for judges? Bugger all to be honest lol! You might just have more buds to sample, and the chances are unless you have smoked autos for years, you wont even know you are striking them, and that is totally fine! They will be scored on a "Flowers/Buds" judging card, and will be as blind tested as all others so you will not know for sure what is what.
Some info on Autos for your personal information:
- Autoflower strains or "Ruderalis" cannabis is a genus of cannabis native to Russia and parts of Asia that does not rely on photo-period or changes in light (such as the shortening of the days in autumn) to begin flowering. Auto flowering strains in an indoor environment will begin flowering on their own accord and continue flowering their whole life cycle under 24 hours of light as opposed to regular photo-period cannabis that requires 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness to flower each day.
- Autoflowering strains generally have a lower THC content to their end product than regular cannabis, however higher CBD's are very common in auto's, and entrants entering these may have that magic 1:1 ratio of CBD and THC scoring them extra points over the other entrants, thus balancing them out very nicely with other categories
- Breeding autos is a true art form to do well, flavor, and high is largely lost when breeding in the auto gene, and then recovered with further more years breeding. A large percentage of autos contain a headachey high, and generic almost hemp like terps, if this is discovered, please dont not be afraid to mark accordingly. Generic - grassy hempy flavours combined with other terps such as lemon, skunk, and fruit is excusable for auto entrants.
Any questions please ask Growseph Green anytime!
4th August 2018
Its been a very busy and eventful week on the Cannabis Cup front. While I have been away for the past week I have had the pleasure of sampling some upcoming cup entries. It has made me proud to be a kiwi, the sheer caliper of what is going to grace your pipes, bongs, and papers is mind blowing!!
If the week away has shown me something, it is that I owe these entries the BEST justice in judging that I can achieve in the competition. Our judging system is very solid, however could do with some refining.
The "Concentrates" category of our cup has a very dedicated, passionate following with the talent to hit the world stage with a bang! It has been bought to my attention that to give this community the justice it deserves we need to make some minor changes:
- Entrants now require 7grams of concentrates in .250gram amounts to enter - this is instead of 14grams which is an overkill on amount really needed for this competition to work.
- Judges testing concentrates will require adequate testing equipment - This includes a glass water bubbler ("dab rig"), A quartz bucket ("quartz banger") and a carb cap - as pictured
"At this stage" until such time as we achieve funding, NZHF cannot provide judges with this equipment.We are happy to recommend where to go to get this equipment.
- Judges testing concentrates must thoroughly clean their quartz buckets/bangers after every use, cotton buds are a great friend. NZHF also recommends regular refreshing of the water within your glass bubbler after every use of one entry to ensure purity of flavor between each entrant.
- The top 5 concentrate entries will proceed to our Gas Layer Chromatography testing. Entries surpassing 800ppm (we are soon to be testing donated extractions of exceptional quality first to determine the exact ppm we will arrive at in which points are deducted) of chemical/solvent residues will receive penalty points deducted. Entires reading blow 4ppm will recieve upto 5 points added to their score.
Accurate results of cannabinoid and terpene profiles will lead to finalising our end scores of the top 5 entrants, and then the total scores will determine the podium positions.
As outlined in the NZHF Judges info page - If there is a category in which you are not confident of judging or do not have the equipment we ask please that you be honest and express this to Growseph (Joe) at firstname.lastname@example.org, 0274244503 txt/call anytime there is absolutely no pressure to participate in anything you are uncomfortable with. Concentrates has been a grey area to some judges whom have already voiced their concern.
- So here is the plan. Spots are open in the "concentrates" section of the cup, and NZHF wish to fill these spots and any more that can potentially open with some respected judges within the concentrates/extractors community. I am proud to welcome "Kiwi Ras" from 45th Paralell farms as one of our first special guest judges to step in.
Below is a registrar open to ALL judges reading this page. If you wish to judge in the concentrates section in the NZHF Cannabis Cup you must fill in the form below so Growseph can easily gage how many spots need filling in this category.
More news soon!
20 July 2018
Kia Ora Judges!
The ground is shaking on the Cannabis Cup front, This morning two entrants have contacted me ready, seeking the address to send their entries.
So the time is now guys and girls! I suggesting reading up on both the "entrants info page" and the "Judges info page".
Any questions you's have please fire away in the question form at the bottom of this page - or ask Growseph Green (Joe) on FB, IG, Telegram, or txt/call me on 027 424 45 03
Exciting times ahead!!! Keep checking back on this page every now and then for updates - I will share here in the latest news section when entries are coming your way to judge.
14 July 2018
We have been getting alot of progress shots of up coming cup entries. Feast your eyes on some of these!
Click images to enlarge
More to come at a later date!
12 July 2018
Welcome to the new cup hub! I hope this works out an easy place to refer back to if you guys need any assisting with blind judging.
Our "Best Overall" Trophy is being made right now, and is due to be finished in mid August next month! Growseph is meeting with another trophy carver today to talk about some smaller pieces for the winners in other categories. Looking forward to some of these!
The winner of best overall will also be receiving a framed official print including cert of authenticity of Alex Greys "Canna-fist" painting(to the right). Only 420 of these have been officially printed by Alex.... lucky whom ever wins!!
We got in to a spot of trouble with our "4tokeman" Cannabis cup logo (the four square guys face) and had to immediately remove all evidence. That aside, we have a talented graphic designer working on a new logo I'm sure will be loved.
Bookmark this page for easy reference, and please do not share the password
These may be downloaded and printed at any time - eg: You may need to print out a new score card when judging (we will send score cards to you).